Sunday, April 6, 2014

This blog

I recently decided to try and structure one of my hobbies a bit. In part this is because I love doing it, but I think my love for it is counterproductive in some sense. I like doing it so much that not getting any results isn't a problem - I could spend hours on just meaningless tweaking of details that I later discard.

In part this is because I hope one day to get some gainful employment through it - or at least sell some of my production to some computer game company or whatever and thus make some money off it.

In part this is because I really love certain aspects of music theory, and focusing on results that utilize these aspects rather than just mucking about with them is something I need to get productive.

This blog will document the progress I make when devoting one 25 minute period (inspired by the pomodoro technique) each day unless I am busy doing other things in the evening (i.e. dancing or somesuch). Progress will be shown by sound samples, possibly pictures of scores and discussion of the theory I have used or understood.


No comments:

Post a Comment